TOGETHER! We can take it higher…
Help us raise the bar in developing a global collective consciousness towards more “whole-istic” evolved health. It starts with transforming our own personal relationship to exercise and fitness. By doing so, we will create a chain reaction of positivity that will change the fabric of fitness. If we cultivate a higher level and personal relationship to movement, mindsets will change. As a culture, we must support the tribe, team and community over individual goals.
This is a call to action to those who are ready to reshape the world of movement, exercise, fitness and sports.
If you listen to the voices, scour social media and listen for the conversation, we are over the Jillian Micheals tough love approach and “whole-istically” craving something more. While we appreciate the empires and communities brands like Peloton and Soul Cycle have built, their message enables a false sense of belonging at any cost. Most of today’s fitness brands encourage you to skip rest days, value the leaderboard over your own personal experience and reinforce that the community’s success can’t exist without you.
Comments, philosophies and behaviors in mainstream exercise that demean, degrade, pressure or shame individuals can lead to poor self-esteem, distorted body image and negative self worth. That all can lead to disordered eating, chronic dieting, exercise compulsions or abandoning fitness all together.
- Do you work past your limits at the expense of your body because a “rest day” means you’re lazy, etc?
- Have you ever been demeaned or degraded by a sports coach or teacher because of your size or capabilities and still live with the shame?
- Does your discomfort with your body limit or prohibit you from initiating exercise?
- What kind of movement inspires and empowers you to best connect to your mind and body?
- Have you at any point, experienced some kind of positive shift in relationship to exercise?
- Do you determine your workout based on how many calories you’ll burn instead of what you’re in the mood to do?
- Do you “trendercise” – replacing what is healthy for your body & mind VS what is new and trending in fitness?
- Are you a fitness or sports professional trying to change the culture around fitness to a more personal and positive narrative?
I want to hear your stories. Your accounts. Your voices. Let’s create a community of self-empowered fitness. Fitness that encourages, inspires and embodies.
On the flip side, if you know of a fitness class or instructor that lifts you up, we want to hear about it.
Are you a fitness trainer instructor that uses inspirational messages?
We want to know you’re out there!